Establishment Overview

You may feel that you have sufficient resources to care for your child or feel that you are on good terms with the non-residential parent. You may feel that the non-residential parent is providing for your child even though you do not reside together. However, circumstances can often change.

Having an established order for support and medical insurance will only benefit your child. Also, if a party receives State benefits (OWF benefits) they are required, as a condition of receiving benefits, to cooperate with the CSEA.

An administrative hearing is needed to determine support. The Hearing Officer will gather income information on both the mother and father of the child. Then, using the Ohio Child Support Guidelines, a support obligation will be calculated. If you disagree with the amount of support calculated, you have the right to request an administrative hearing on the results.